Sunday, April 29, 2007

Plodding Along

I haven't had the healthiest week this week. I haven't eaten as good as I could and I haven't exercised as much as I should. I am still on the wagon though and that is the main thing. In the past I have just given up and said that I would start again next week, but there is no stopping and starting anymore for me. I am sure I will have ups and downs, but I will keep going none the less.

I was reading the paper this morning and they had a training guide for the Run to the G on June 17 and it struck me that I should give the 5km course a try. I am not sure if I could run any of it, but I could walk and try and run a little. It is a totally outrageous idea for me to even think about doing a fun run because I have never used the words "fun" and "run" simultaneously in a sentence before. I think it might be good for me to put myself way out of my comfort zone and give myself something to aim for.

What makes me angry about being fat this week...
There are no nice winter jackets in plus sizes. I have been looking everywhere in the shops for the last few weeks and the only jackets for fat people are puffy, vinyl sort of things that you would wear hiking or to the snow. God forbid if you are fat and want to wear something stylish and classy.

***UPDATE*** I just ordered this from ezibuy in the black, size XXL (20-22). I am not sure if it will fit, but it is worth a try. Thank God for ezibuy!

5 comments:

  1. The 5k thing sounds great - I would love to be able to run one day - but shoot for it - thats great, and I so agree that its tough to find a nice jacket for plus. I actually wear a mens jacket. Good luck with things - keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only place I ever found anything even half nice in a bigger size (28 or XXXXL : New Zealand sizings) was in a "Big Girls" clothing shop, and everything was at least 3 times the price of "normal" sizings... so unfair! That used to upset me big time! I hope you can find something without having to resort to big puffy jackets that make you look and feel even bigger than you are. I hated that. I found a lot in the men's wear department!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fat fashion sucks. I agree.

    But on a happier note - do the 5k! Try to talk one of your girlfriends into doing it with you because the always go quicker when you've got company and don't worry about running. Just go, have fun and you'll be glad you went for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to run a 5K someday. I think it will fun.

    I hate shopping in general. I love the Internet, because I feel it's easier to find things there, but I never know exactly what I'm going to get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooo.... I love that jacket!! I agree that plus size fashion suck!! I can't understand why they feel that we need to wear florescent floral shirts with no shape?? Like we don't already stand out like dogs nuts!!??
    Good luck with the 5K .... sound like a great goal to set!

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!