Friday, August 03, 2007

Another 1.5 Kilos Down

So as you can see I have lost another 1.5 kilos, bringing me down to an even 105 kilos. I am excited about this, but still feeling cautious. Why is it when good things are happening I get skeptical? I happily take all the bad and say that I deserve it, but when good things happen I don't feel like I deserve it. I am looking at the scales the last 2 weeks and wondering what is wrong with them because I could not have possibly really lost that much weight. Don't get me wrong, I am happy, I am just scared to get too excited.

I was going to take a photo of myself on the scales this morning as per Fat Bridesmaid's challenge, but I am not a morning person and the whole idea of getting my camera out at 7.00am to take a photo was just too much for me. Maybe I'll be more organised and do it next week.

NSV: Today in Australia is Jeans for Genes Day and for the first time in the history of this charity day I am actually wearing jeans! Being a fat person who carries most of their weight around their middle make it almost impossible to find jeans that fit. Stretchy topped pants are the saviour for a body shape like mine because my legs and bum are literally 2 sizes smaller that my stomach. In the past I have made up all sorts of lame excuses for not wearing jeans like "I forgot" or "they are in the wash". Last year I told everyone at work I couldn't because I had a board meeting and it would not have been appropriate, which was technically true, but still just another excuse. To everyone else at my work wearing jeans is just a normal thing they do almost every day, for me it feels like a massive victory. I feel strange wearing jeans because I haven't done it in about 3 years, but for the first time in a long time I feel normal and like I fit in.

3 comments:

  1. How Wonderful to get to wear jeans. I know what you are talking about with not being able to wear them. I look forward to the day I can again. Congrats on your weight loss! You are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That NSV is way more descriptive of your progress than you 1.5kgs down. Because of the jeans, you can be CERTAIN that you're making progress. Congratulations! I remember the first time I was able to wear jeans, and I was thrilled to bits, but noone around me understood what I was getting all hyped up about since jeans were such a commonplace thing to them. Well done! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Planning to take a picture of my weigh in Monday AM - regardless of what my toes look like - haha. Congrats on the loss! Wowow!

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!