Monday, November 26, 2007

Weekend Update

I am normally a pretty slack blogger, but now that I have some time on my hands I can blog a little more. So here are a few random things from my weekend...

I went out on Friday night with the plan to only have 1 or 2 drinks, but I had 6. I am still pretty happy with that because normally I have 15+ drinks on a night out. The other problem was the kebab I ate on my way home. I have to accept the fact that I can't control my eating when I drink. No point being in denial about this anymore.

I started feeling sick before I went out on Friday night and by the time I got home I had a raging cold. I have only been sick 3 times in the past few years, first when I left my last job, then when I went on holidays to New Zealand and now that I have left my current job. So I only ever get sick when I relax it seems, I guess it is good because my body always seems to keep me going when it needs to and falls apart when it gets a break.

I went to a wedding on Saturday and my eating was a bit out of control because I just didn't care. It started with a Vegemite and cheese sandwich before I left and went from there. I didn't drink at the wedding though, but I can't really take the credit for that because it was only because I felt too sick. I don't mind that I ate a bit crazy because my body needed it and the main thing is that I woke up on Saturday morning and got back on track.

John Howard was finally ousted from power on Saturday night and I feel so much safer already. It has been a good year for me and my family with Geelong winning the AFL premiership flag and now the Labor party back in power- pretty much the only two things we can all agree on.

I went shopping on Sunday and boy did I shop. I bought all new make up, new perfume (the Christina Aguilera one), 3 pairs of shoes for work, 2 skirts, 1 shirt and 1 top for work, 2 bras, matching yellow pyjamas, slippers and dressing gown for summer. I felt like I needed all new stuff before I start this new job, they make me feel like a new person. I would have bought more clothes but the shops are filled with summer party clothes and there wasn't much that was appropriate for work. This is the worst time of year to shop for work clothes.

I tried on some clothes from my wardrobe and 2 shirts I bought last year finally fit me. I feel like over the last week my body has started to change a bit. Three people have noticed my weight loss (I have lost almost 25 kgs all up and barely anyone has noticed) and even I can see it now. I think it is the exercise I am doing, it seems to be really making a difference. I have even started jogging on the treadmill, only for a few minutes at a time, but it makes me feel great. There is a 5km fun run setting on my treadmill and I think I might set a goal to be able to do it by this time next year. I have never been able to run, even when I was a kid, so it is a huge goal for me to be fit enough to run for a sustained period of time.

Today (Monday) I am spending the day on the couch watching Oprah and Dr Phil and it is just what I need. I am hoping by the time I start my new job in a week and a half I will be so bored I am dying to work again. Right now I am loving this time off, I feel so grateful to have a great new job and a holiday in between. Do you ever stop and wonder how in the world you got this lucky? That is how I feel now.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, shopping is the best eh? and running... what a great goal! I would like to be able to run too... maybe I will make it a New Years Goal too! Have a neat evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time shopping! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to reading your blog - enjoy shopping, the holidays will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!