Friday, January 25, 2008

Another Weigh Day

This diet finally seems to be paying off this week. I weighed in this morning at 102.6 kilos making it a loss of 1.7 kilos for the week. I felt a huge relief to be close to my pre Christmas weight again, it was probably the best I have felt in weeks. I was getting so depressed trying to lose the same weight that I had already lost (and re-gained) about 3 times last year. I really want to see some new numbers and get excited about fitting into smaller sized clothes again and I can see now that won't be too far away.

I had a few challenges this week with 4 work client meetings that were held over lunch or coffee and cake. The only time I felt tempted was when I had a plate of caramel slice in front of my face for 3 hours and the smell of chocolate and caramel was intoxicating. I still have to eat something in these meetings and I try to make healthy choices, but inevitably there are hidden fats in most restaurant foods- that's why they taste so good.

The wineries I went to last weekend were beautiful. As per usual I drank too much, but it was the first drop of alcohol I had in a few weeks and I'll continue to steer clear from the alcohol for a while. As last weekend showed (yet again), when I drink I over eat. I get so happy and relaxed and have so much fun that I stop caring about my weight problems and just want to indulge like everyone else. Then I wake up the next day with a kebab hangover- not pleasant.

It is a long weekend here in Australia this weekend and all I can say is thank fucking christ. This has been one of the longest weeks I have ever had at work and I am exhausted. I find that lately I am so drained and stressed out about work that I can't even hold a conversation with anyone and just want to be left alone- hence my lack of posting.

Fingers crossed that I do well this week and I will see a virgin weight next weigh in!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the loss! That's great! And you managed it despite the temptations.

    I know what you mean about indulging in the alcohol leads to indulging in the food :D

    I hope you're having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found you through Beck and was surprised that we started at the same weight and are now about the same weight and that we are both frustrated sitting and seeing those same digits over and over - I can't wait to hit that 100 and 99? Even better! Will be back to visit more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, you!

    It's a long weekend here in Auckland too, and I'm with you on the 'thank fucking christ', with how stressed it's been at work, I'm completely spent. Hope your long weekend is relaxing and gives you a chance to recover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You are fantastic! That is a great effort and great results. Thanks for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the loss. It's totally frustrating to keep losing the same weight (better than not losing it though).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't know if I could have survived the caramel and chocolate fumes. LOL!!! Great job on staying strong and on the rewarding weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This may be of interest to readers of this blog since it goes in to detail each week on how to use cutting-edge nutrition, exercise, and healthy
    lifestyle techniques to lose weight and live a healthier life. It's free so
    I figured I would share it... you can sign up for the Trim, Tone & Tighten
    Thursdays newsletter at www.stephencabral.com

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!