Friday, October 23, 2009

Hello Sunshine

I had to fly up to Brisbane for lunch with a client on Wednesday and coincidentally, AJ had to come to Brisbane the same day for his work. So I decided to hang around in sunny Brisbane for a couple of days after my meeting and have a little break while he was here working.

First thing first, my lunch meeting. I can't tell you how nervous I was about this meeting because I was so scared I was going to get something stuck in my band and I couldn't exactly just leave the table for 20 minutes while I tried to get it out. I was more nervous because my meeting was happening as soon as I got off the plane and I have heard that flying can tighten the band. Everything went ok and I had nothing get stuck in my band. I ordered the salmon (which I always order) and I just ate ridiculously slow. So slow, in fact, that I was only a quarter through my meal when the meeting was finished and it was awkward when my client offered to hang around while I finished my meal!

So with work out of the way I have been having a very decadent few days. I took all your advice from my last post and went shopping! I know a lot of people losing weight give themselves rewards as they lose weight, but I haven't done anything so far. Money has been tight lately and I really couldn't justify splurging just to celebrate a bit of weight loss. I threw caution to the wind this week and gave my credit cards a work out.

It started with a chaffing incident that made me realise that I was going to have to do a bit of shopping because the skirts and dresses I had brought with me to wear were not going to work out with my red raw thighs. It has been so long since I have been shopping that I actually had no idea what size I was, so I had to take 3 different sizes of everything into the change rooms with me. Of course I was a different size in almost everything I tried on, so I am none the wiser...

In the end I bought a couple of cute tops that were on sale for $30 each because I just wasn't willing to spend $90 - $180 each on the other clothes I tried on, even though there was some lovely stuff around with spring racing carnival and party season upon us. To solve my chaffing problem cheaply, I purchased some bike shorts from target for $12. Oh yeah, I am one classy chick. I figured I will probably need them if I want to wear dresses comfortably as summer hits Melbourne over the next few weeks. Let's hope this is the last summer of chaffing!!!

After I had done my shopping yesterday, on a whim, I decided to see if a hair salon in the mall had a walk in appointment available for me to get a cut and colour (after seeing how bad my hair looked in those 3-way mirrors in Myer). My hairdresser also gave me some gorgeous wispy curls as he styled it at the end and I felt a million bucks. Then I found a nail salon to get a spa pedicure, which was the best pedicure I have ever had in my life, I think I am going to become addicted to pedicures this summer. After all that pampering I went back to my hotel room and put on my new top, some new $5 earrings from Diva and some make-up and I was ready to meet AJ for a lovely Turkish feast and bottle of wine on Southbank for dinner.

Now I am going to check out of the hotel, get some lunch and go and see a movie before I head to the airport to meet AJ for our flight home this evening. It has been a lovely couple of days and just what I needed to revitalise after being unwell and super busy at work over the past few weeks. I don't expect to see any damage to the scales because I have been awesome with my eating and walking everywhere, fingers crossed I am right!

2 comments:

  1. I am SO glad I'm not the only one who wears shorts underneath the skirts and dresses to stop chafing! I've been wearing my Nike compression shorts (which I bought to do Body Pump and Body Step in) underneath the skirts/dresses and they really do add a lot of value to your existing wardrobe when chafing becomes a problem.

    I'm so glad to hear that you took a bit of time to pamper yourself and chill out, you deserve it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!!

    Dontcha feel great now?

    I have always been a Spanx and DietTrim wearer - very light and comfy and with so much support!

    Your mini vaca sounded wonderful! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!