Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I arrived back in Melbourne this morning after a 20 hour flight.

After a 3 month trip that covered Canada, USA and Mexico I am home again.

Well, I don't actually have a home, my stuff is in storage and I am staying in a serviced apartment in South Yarra for 2 weeks...

I am so happy to be back in Melbourne, but so sad I had to leave my family.

Right now I am tired, jet lagged, confused, apprehensive and happy. I don't really know what to do next, but I know it'll be OK.

I had a meat pie for breakfast, a parma for lunch at my favourite Richmond pub and now Neighbours has just started on TV (WTF, Steph and Toady are getting married?), so I am feeling like I am back in the swing of things already!

***********

I spent the last week of my trip in a gorgeous house with my family in Tofino on Vancouver Island. My dad and step mum came over from country Victoria in Australia, my older brother and his girlfriend came from Vancouver, my younger brother came from London, his girlfriend came from Edmonton and me and AJ came from Mexico and we all converged for a crazy family reunion.

My brothers, me, dad and step mum on the ferry to Nanaimo

Older brother's girlfriend, younger brother, me and AJ in the hot tub at our vacation house in Tofino


8 comments:

  1. You are looking (a) totally stunning and (b) totally tanned! I'll have to remember not to stand next to you in public for the next few months, lol.

    So happy to have you back. See you sooooon!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Far out! That went really fast. So great to have you back and I agree with B. You look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....you had such awesome experiences...look at the hot tub....coming home is bittersweet...we love our country but hate the old routine creeping back in.....Can't wait to see your next move. Welcome Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had a great trip! Getting back into the swing of things will be an adjustment but I'm sure a welcome one!
    Hugs from TX!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look suntanned and beautiful.
    I look forward to seeing more photos and hearing about Mexico.

    Make sure you plan lots of cool things to look forward to so the post trip blues don't happen to sneak in.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Steph and Toadie are getting married. It is very odd.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, what a fantastic trip. My brother and family live in Melbourne, I miss them. I am all the way over here in Canada....hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the ISLAND! Happy to hear you are safely home...

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!