Thursday, July 22, 2010

Alive And Kicking

I am still alive! This must be the longest I have gone without blogging in 3 1/2 years. I am suffering from a severe lack of internet access. I have well over 1000 unread blog posts in my google reader, but the fleeting moments I get internet access need to be spent looking for a job and a house… not that blog reading isn’t important too!

So, I still don’t have a house or a job and I haven’t had any source of income since March, so to say that things are tight is an understatement. I have applied for some promising looking jobs and have lots more to apply for, but it just takes time. Of course, no one wants to rent you a house when you don’t have a job, so that isn’t going too well either. In the meantime I have been staying with various friends and family across the country and people have been incredibly generous. Just a couple of days ago I was having a little whinge to my brother’s girlfriend on email that I desperately need a pedicure and that it’ll be the first thing I do when I get a job, then an hour later her and my brother call me from Canada and they have booked me in for an hour spa pedicure at a lovely day spa, which I enjoyed very much yesterday. Just having pretty pink toes makes my whole day brighter!

My weight seems to be staying stable (not that I have any scales), but I feel like I still weigh about 92 kilos. It really isn’t good enough that I have let my weight stay stagnant and I need to get moving with losing some more weight. I have let excuses get in the way and that needs to stop. I have been back from holidays for a month now and I could have lost 5 kilos in that time. So a few days ago I signed up at the local Fernwood gym for a 14 day membership for only $14, so that should keep me in-line for the next two weeks and give me something to do with my time.

My band is feeling a little tight right now and if I could get down to Melbourne on a weekday to see my doctor I would get a little fill taken out. I would probably be OK if I were preparing my own meals, but because I am eating out or with other people so often, a lot of the food I have to choose from isn’t very band friendly and it is making things a bit difficult. Unfortunately I have been reverting to ‘slider’ foods to help me out in these situations, which often tend to be chocolate! I have a lot of fun social events in the last few months of this year and I would really like to drop some more weight before they come up so that I can buy some pretty dresses and feel good about myself, so I can’t afford to continue to waste time if I want to reach my goals by then.

NO MORE EXCUSES!

7 comments:

  1. Can you register for temp work... something to get the $ in while looking for something else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started following your blog and omg..... you look fantastic and the contrast is amazing.... i hope i can do it like you have!

    Temp work is good idea! :)

    Ash

    www.lappy4life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn they stole my idea lol. Temp work came to mind for me also. Helps a little at the in-between stages.
    And as far as the weight loss goes, you'll start again. Right now it sounds like you have tons on your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so hoping you weren't going to become an absent blogger.

    Its amazing how pink toe nails can make you feel happier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet of your sister in law. What a lovely treat! :-)

    I have everything crossed that you find a great job and the perfect house very, very soon.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah.... gotta do SOMETHING.

    Temp is not a bad idea... maybe deliver pizza? Just an idea.

    Also... maybe get a commercial driver's license...can do a lot with that.

    Thanks! Oh, by the way- doing great holding steady!

    WeighDownSouth.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely is your brother & his girlfriend!!!

    Good luck with the job hunting & I really hope something turns up soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!