You can bet that any time my jeans get a little snug (or even split at the seams) I start buying eggs in bulk. I just can't help but go back to low carb eating to rid myself of those extra kilos... no matter how many times I try and fail with it! It is like an abusive relationship that keeps promising that we can make it work... if we just try harder...
Things I have learned from eating low carb… the good and the bad!
- I can lose a phenomenal amount of weight if I follow a low carb eating plan
- I need carbs to fuel my body and it doesn’t like to get out of bed in the morning without them
- If you write ‘low carb’ on a product it will cost you 3 times as much money
- Fat doesn’t make you fat
- Life isn't worth living without ice cream
- Wine is low carb- thank god!
- Fibre is your friend
- Ketosis makes your breath smell
- Low carb food substitutes are NO substitute!
- Sugar withdrawals cause massive headaches
- If you tell someone you are eating low carb they will give you a really boring lecture about how unhealthy it is to eat that way
- Bacon is amazing
- Do not underestimate the warnings on low carb bars that state ‘May cause laxative effect’!!!