Monday, October 10, 2011

Yarra Valley Weekend

I love heading off to the Yarra Valley on weekend day trips to try new wines and indulge in delicious food as much as I can. I have always wanted to stay over and spend the whole weekend and really relax... and not have to worry about anyone driving home! In fact, my poor neglected '30 before 30' list includes:

16. Spend an indulgent weekend at B@lgownie Est@te in the Yarra Valley

Recently I was able to purchase a weekend at B@lgownie on one of those cheap email deals so I snapped it up and began planning a very indulgent long weekend!

We headed to the Yarra Valley early Friday morning, but only minutes into our first adventure, hiking through the rain forest in Marysville, my camera battery died. So you are spared from dozens of holiday snaps... but I have included a few blurry ones taken on my iphone. They were a nightmare to upload and blogger was not cooperating, so sorry for the crappy post!

It was a blissful weekend of wine, cheese, restaurants, walking, markets, breweries, movies and sleeping. Perfection! As per usual, now I just want to start planning my next weekend away...


Walking through the rain forest in Marysville

Keppel Falls

AJ beer tasting at Hargreaves Hill Brewery

Me helping out with the arduous beer tasting task

My new favourite drink!
Delicious pie
Hargreaves Hill Brewery
B@lgownie reception area

Restaurant at B@lgownie

The view from my room
AJ in the spa
Walking (stumbling) through the fields to get to our next winery

AJ sampling wines

Mandala winery
My new favourite cider from Punt Road Winery
One of many, many wines I tasted
Drinking wine by the fire at the restaurant at B@lgownie
Me with my sparkling pear wine purchased from  Badger Creek Blueberry Winery

TarraWarra Estate

TarraWarra Estate

AJ enjoying the sun and the views

AJ tasting wine at Train Trak winery

A wall of corks at Train Traks
Wine and cheese tasting- bliss!

Me on the balcony

1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun. Your photos are great and everything looks so lush and green! I'm envious.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!