Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Weigh In- 29 June

Start: 87.5 kilos (192.5 lbs)
Last week: 83.6 kilos (184 lbs)
Today: 83.2 kilos (183 lbs)

Loss: - 0.4 kilos (0.9 lb)
Total: -4.3 kilos (9.5 lbs)

I am still not eating a huge amount, but the weight loss really slowed down a lot this week. I count myself lucky that I was able to lose so much the last two weeks because my PCOS body does not usually let me lose anything like a kilo a week. I guess it helped that I wasn't able to eat food at all...

The last few days I have started to feel some severe diet burnout. The first few weeks of a diet I feel so motivated and like I can conquer the world. From there the motivation begins to wane until I am at the point where I can barely remember why I am doing this whole thing. Constant hunger and sweet cravings get the better of me and I just want to curl up with a tub of ice cream and say 'screw the diet'.

I'm not going to do that though. I tried on what I thought was my 'fat' dress the other day and I couldn't get the zip done up at all. It made me realise just how much weight I had gained in the past year. This was the black dress I wore whenever I felt the kilos creeping back on and always fit me through thick and thin. Now I can't get the zip done up and I needed assistance to peel the dress off because it was so tight.

I really didn't think I had gained that much wight. So it prompted me to go through my blog to find out how much I weighed this time last year. In my head I thought I was really fat, but I found a post from 1 July 2011 that said I was 77.1 kilos (169.5 lbs). Shit. I would kill to be back at that weight. Why did I think I was so hideously overweight last year?

And, how in the world did I let myself gain over 10 kilos in a year while I have a lap band? Holy crap I have some work to do. No time to curl up with ice cream and feel sorry for myself.

Me in my 'fat' dress last year


1 comment:

  1. Join the club - I've been pretty much wearing dresses to work for the last six months because I can't get into any of my pants - boo! I agree with you re: diet - it's easy to be super enthusiastic early on in the piece, but the excitement quickly wanes. I'm trying to do the whole "healthy lifestyle" thing at the moment (lots of exercise, listening to my body, allowing little treates but generally eating nutritious foods)...hope we both have success! :)

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!