Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Weigh In- 31 August

Start: 87.5 kilos (192.5 lbs)
Last week: 77.3 kilos (170 lbs)
Today: 77.3 kilos (170 lbs)
Loss: 0 kilo (0 lbs)
Total: 10.2 kilos (22.4 lbs)
 
 Sob.
 
There was no movement on the scales this week. I know that there is no reason for the scales not to move because I followed my key behaviours to the tee:
 
  • Exercise 5 x 1 hour per week
  • Eat under 1200 calories a day
  • Eat mostly lean protein and vegetables
  • No binge eating!
  •  
     It is OK though, I am really not upset because I know the scales tend to have good and bad weeks, and it is not always dependent on my behaviours, sometimes it just happens. Hopefully next week the scale will show me lots of love!
     
    This week I have been trying to increase my incidental exercise because I work in an office and I really don't do much except sit around all day at a computer. So I have started to walk part of the way to and from work. I normally catch 2 different trams to work, so now instead of transferring to the second tram I just walk that leg instead. It's a 25 minute walk each way, so I am adding in an extra 50 minutes of movement to my day... weather dependent of course. It has actually been a really nice way to start and finish my work day so hopefully I'll be able to keep at it as the weather heats up.
     
    Since I am sounding all sunshine and rainbows today I'll leave you with the picture I took of a rainbow after work last week.
     
     
    

    

    4 comments:

    1. Hey, I think your doing an awesome job and have sent a few banded friends here to get some inspiration from an everyday aussie girl who doesn't glam up the real process of accomplishing your health/weight goals!
      anywho just wanted to ask what do you use to track your calories/exercise? I find everything to be very american and it gives me the shits!
      thanks for any advice

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Rose! There is definitely nothing glam about diet and exercise... :-)

        I have to admit that I don't use any device to track my diet and exercise. I find counting calories a bit of a pain in the arse, so I tend to keep a vague mental tally. Like you said, most of the apps and programs are American based and I give up as soon as I can't find a product that I use. If you find anything good let me know!

        Delete
    2. This happens to me too, and as long as I stay focused and consistant, I see a (usually) bigger drop the next week. Keep moving forward!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hey Tully

      Haven't caught up with your blog for a while. Well done on losing 10kgs! You're back in the 7's! I would kill to be 77kg. I think last time I commented you were about 83kg so it is great to see you have been pushing on and have been kicking goals.

      I know it sucks when you get a week that the scales don't move but you are inspirational! I've been so distracted I haven't been able to get back on the weighloss [lap]band wagon. My quitting sugar attempt failed after a couple of days. This shit is hard, but you have done so well.

      Good on you! You have inspired me to get back to my surgeon to get another fill and get back to this.

      Thanks
      V.

      ReplyDelete

    Awww thanks so much for the comment!