Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday Weigh In- 21 September

Start: 87.5 kilos (192.5 lbs)
Last week: 76.5 kilos (168.3 lbs)
Today: 76.7 kilos (168.7 lbs)
Loss: +0.2 kilos (0.4 lbs)
Total: 10.8 kilos (23.7 lbs)

I knew this week would be the straw that broke the camels back and I wouldn't be able to escape a gain on the scales. My weekend was just non-stop eating and drinking from Friday night to Sunday night. In my defense there was a lot going on and I didn't eat or drink anything different from anyone else... which is a sucky defense because you really can't lose weight by eating and drinking like everyone else (at least not my friends and family anyway!).

So I have lost less than 1 kilo in the last month now. On the one hand I am disappointed at myself for such a poor loss, but on the other hand I am pleased with myself that I haven't gained weight while I have been letting loose a bit. I guess it would be fine if I was in maintenance, but I am still determined to get this final 15 kilos off before my body lift surgery so now is not the time to be letting loose.

It is exactly 2 months and 1 day until my body lift surgery and I have 4.2 kilos to lose to meet my goals. It doesn't sound that difficult, but I have social events on every weekend until then and I am not good at saying no to a glass of wine... or to carbs when I have had a few drinks!

I've had a pretty quiet 12 months while I have dealt with my anxiety and depression and a lot of family issues too. Now that I am dealing with those issues, and I have managed to shift some weight off, I am really enjoying getting out and doing new things and being social again. I just have to find a way to have my cake and eat it too!

Source












2 comments:

  1. Not to worry mate - the party was not to be missed & with a bit of luck, you'll get rid of .2 this week. Not every weekend will be as huge despite having social gatherings! You'll just have to make the most of the quieter weeks to ramp up the exercise. You are looking soooooo good & it is sooooo good to hear you having fun & feeling better about yourself!!!! You will reach your goal before the surgery. I know it :0) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto AlleyCat :) You have done so great with this final 15.

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!