Saturday, November 24, 2012

Body Lift Pictures

It's the moment everyone has been waiting for... you finally get to see my arse crack!

Some of the tape covering my stitching came off while I was showering yesterday so AJ replaced it with the special tape my surgeon gave me. While the tape was off he took a quick photo of the wound so I could see because I can't quite twist around to see it myself just yet.

Scar after body lift

It's really not a pretty picture, but I did promise to share all the gory details. I am really happy with how the wound is healing and by how great the scar line looks. Let me tell you, I saw some real horror stories on google images! The scabby hole above my butt crack and on my right side are drain holes which will continue to heal over time. My back (right above my butt) is the most swollen part of me right now, so hopefully that will come in a bit as the swelling goes dow and give me more shape.

While I am sharing my view from behind, I thought I would share my front view too and so I just took a quick snap with my phone. Here is my new belly in all it's stretch marked glory! 

After body lift

To put that photo into context, and to show you what a genius my surgeon is, I really need to share a before picture. Please keep in mind that this is quite difficult for me to do. OK, deep breath...

Before body lift
I am sure you can now see why I am over the moon with my results. Even though I had lost over 55 kilos (121 lbs) I still looked obese because of the loose skin left on my abdomen. I could stare at my flat belly all day long, I just can't believe it is my body. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world right now!

I already have no doubt that the body lift surgery was worth every cent. I just wish that everyone who needed/wanted the surgery had the opportunity to have it done because it is truly life changing. For me it didn't just remove the skin, it has removed a mental and physical barrier holding me back in life. More than anything it has taken away the shame I had in myself and my body. I just feel free!

28 comments:

  1. Thank you so so much for sharing!! You are a brave lady xx I can see why you needed to get it done I very lucky have losing 90kg my excess skin isn't as bad but it needs to go as its very visble at times especially when at the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY FUCK.
    The results are amazing.
    Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you were so brave to have the surgery, but the results are just amazing! And your recovery has been so good, which I think has a lot to do with you being so positive!!

    Im so happy for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is amazing :)
    thanks again for sharing.
    so happy for you :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! what a transformation, I am glad that you feel so free and happy now! You can tell in your pictures after the surgery that a weight has been lifted off your shoulders.. the scar actually looks pretty good.. he did a great job
    Surrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Amazing transformation. I'm so excited that your body now reflects all your hard work in losing all that weight! I hope everyone gives you vouchers for Christmas so you can go on a massive shopping spree :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are v v brave for posting these pictures. Congratulations on everything. I'm so glad you're happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you look fantastic! And to think that you'll look even more so as you continue to heal.

    I have no doubt that you're doing so well because you've maintained such a postive attitude through it all.

    Congratulations and so glad that it's turned out superbly. Your surgeon did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! Your waist is teeny tiny! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fantastic results! You look amazing - look at your gorgeous waist! Congratulations, I'm so pleased you are happy with the results. The surgical team did an amazing job. Hooray for freedom and your exciting future ahead of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOU ROCK. I have photos exactly like yours. And although I have gained back a lot of weight, my tummy is still flat... not as flat as I would like, but there is no overhang, thank god.
    You look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for sharing, I can't imagine how excited you must be feeling to have finally been able to get rid of all that excess skin! It could not have been comfortable and I can understand now why you where so anxious to have the process done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW - what a difference, I can see why you are so happy with the results.

    ReplyDelete
  14. AMAZING - what a difference!! You are a very courageous woman and you should be so proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow wow wow.... totally worth every cent not to mention the mental side. i am so rapt for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. HOLY SHIT. That's amazing. I have no other words. You're totally awesome for going through with it, and getting this far, and your surgeon is a genius, wow. Awesome. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tully...you look amazing and where did you hide that excess skin?! It certainly didn't show in any of the photos I have seen of you.

    Although I am only 5 months post my sleeve surgery, I've already decided on which surgeon I want to do my procedure when the time comes, which I'm aiming for one year after my sleeveaversary (26 June 2013).

    I've read all your surgery posts and it's great to be able to read from someone that I "know" and not just some random person on the internet or surgeons words, although a coworker who had the band about 6 years ago and a body lift looks amazing. You can barely see her scar now.

    Keep up the good work and can't wait to see more progress photos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just burst out in tears when I saw this! I'm so happy for you!!!!! You deserve this so much and What amazing results. You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW, you look incredible. That is truly amazing. Your surgeon is brilliant. So happy for you. And thank you so much for sharing these pics for people like me who will be having this surgery in the future. You are brave and beautiful. Thank you. and one final WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hugs to you brave girl. You certainly hid it well & I cant wait to see you blossom in your new found freedom!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow. That's worth every cent - I am so happy for you x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Holy crap! You amazing, brave, wonderful girl. Who cares about a couple of stretch marks? You were beautiful before and you're beautiful now, and you've got the beautiful tummy to match :)

    (PS you hid all that skin well before surgery! Can't imagine how much easier your life will now be!)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing! You are looking fantastic, what a great result! Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'll add another WOW! to the comments. It is such an amazing thing that you have done. You are so brave to get the lapband in the first place, lose the weight and then have the body lift. To top it off, you've shared it with us the whole way.

    Well done!

    V.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are amazing!!! Thank you for sharing - I know its really personal and hard to show something that you don't like about yourself but you look amazing and by the sounds of it the whole experience has made you feel more like you. Im so happy for you! Thanks again for letting us in on this very personal journey.

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!