Friday, May 24, 2013

Upper Body Lift Quote

About 2 months ago my body lift surgeon dropped the bombshell that I needed further surgery. So in addition to the (lower) body lift I had last November, I will need an upper body lift now too. I completely agree with him now I have seen my results, but I guess I was just not expecting to have to have more surgery and try and find more money...

You can see in my 'after' photo below that I have two big rolls of fat on my sides and that I also still have a lot of fat sitting above my bottom where you are supposed to curve in. Now if you look at the second photo below, my 'before' shot, you can see my surgeon did a great job to fix what he could, but it just requires further surgery.

After (lower) body lift)

Before (lower) body lift
It is not just my back and sides that require the upper body lift, it is also my torso. Unfortunately, it looks like I must have been cheeky when I took these pictures and cut off the photo below where it starts to show my upper torso overhang (I'll have to take another picture to show you). My tummy is perfectly flat, but the surgeon needs to do an incision from below my breasts so he can pull my upper torso tight to smoothen that out. Once again, looking at my before photos demonstrate my surgeon did a great job, but I had a lot of loose skin on my upper torso (the flab in my hands) which is unusual and due to me having particularly poor skin elasticity- yay me!

After (lower) body lift)

Before (lower) body lift

My surgeon emailed me the quote a couple of months ago and I glanced at it, realised that I couldn't afford it and filed it away so I didn't have to be disappointed about it. Well I still have no money, but I thought I would share the cost her on this blog in case anyone else is interested.

UPPER BODY SUSPENSION AND BREAST REDUCTION

Surgeon's Fee: $9,200
- Medicare/Insurance rebate: $1,523.65
Total Surgeon's Fee out of pocket expenses: $7,676.35

Hospital Fee: $1,183.60

Anaesthetic Fee: $3,000 (approx)
- Medicare/Insurance rebate: $1,500 (approx)
Total Anaesthetic Fee out of pocket expenses: $1,500 (approx)

Insurance Excess: $500

TOTAL: $10,859.95

So it is about $4,000 less than my (lower) body lift, which I believe was a more complex and extensive procedure. My surgeon also said he included a discount due to it being a second surgery.

Now, I also asked about the cost of having a thigh lift and arm lift... just to torment myself with more surgeries that I can't afford and this is the quote I received.

BRACHIOPLASTY AND THIGH REDUCTION

Surgeon's Fee: $8,175
- Medicare/Insurance rebate: $691.75
Total Suregon's Fee out of pocket expenses: $7,483.25

Hospital Fee: $1,183.60

Anaesthetic Fee: $3,000 (approx)
- Medicare/Insurance rebate: $1,500 (approx)
Total Anaesthetic Fee out of pocket expenses: $1,500 (approx)

Insurance Excess: $500

TOTAL: $10,666.85

Phew, that is a lot of money that I don't have unless I take yet another loan. At this stage my first priority is to just have the upper body lift done because I can live with my arms and thighs as they are now. I would like to have my upper body lift done before the end of the next financial year in Australia (June 30 2014) due to some tax rebate changes that have been proposed that will mean I can't claim my surgery on tax. So now I just need to get some money... I don't know how yet, but I know I will find a way.

5 comments:

  1. You need to do what is going to make you feel positive if that means getting a loan and going for it do it!! I was so lucky apart from less then perky boobs my tummy was a that needed to be done! But if I needed more I will work it out you and I have worked hard we deserve to have the body that represents that hard work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Girl, I am normally a lurker because I am too lazy to log in from my ipad. I just want to say you look great. If you feel you must do the surgery than go for it, but I would hate to see you go into debt. With your cloths on you look awesome and anyone who sees you with your cloths off should already love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy, lurker no. 2 here. Excuse my French, but that is a shitload of money. Wow. I agree with Cari, I think you look incredible in clothes and from what I saw in your undie shots, you look great half nuddy/ full nuddy as well (that's come out a lot creepier than I meant it too!) But I guess it is how "you" feel that is the main thing. I shall go back to lurking now ...... toodles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep a crapload of bucks... but you know it will be worth every cent in the end :) gives you something to aim for.
    Still is awe at the difference of the before and after photos. You have done such an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Echo Wanna!!!

    Maybe if you can smash a bit off the mortgage you can redraw???

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!