Sunday, April 13, 2014

Goodbye For Now

I know a few people noticed that I closed my blog down since the start of the year. It wasn't personal to anyone or anything, I closed it completely because I needed to feel less exposed while I was feeling a bit vulnerable.

My mum passed away from cancer at 9.56 am on Sunday 23 March at the age of 52. There are no words I can use to express my devastation at this loss. I don't feel like I am coping very well with how traumatic her death was, especially as I nursed her through those last few weeks. I am not coping well with the idea that I will never see her or talk to her or hold her hand again. It is just too much to bear.

If you have the time, please read the post I wrote about my mum back in 2008 to get a picture of what an amazing woman she was and how much she means to me.
Thanks Mum!

I don't plan on re-opening this blog in the foreseeable future. It is a chapter in my life that I feel like closing right now, but I do think I would like a new outlet to blog one day soon. If you would be interested in reading if I decide to start a new blog please just email me at prettyif(at)gmail.com. It would be good if you could send me a link to your own blog or facebook page or just let me know who you are so I can get to know you before I send you the link to a new blog. Please understand if I don't respond to any emails right now though while I am feeling so emotionally and physically depleted. Just know that I appreciate the support and kindness I have received from you guys more than you can ever know.

With love.
Tully.

xxoo






16 comments:

  1. Dearest Tully. I know words can't ease your pain, but I do know your Mum is & will continue to, watch over you. Deepest deepest sympathies & bigger than biggest hugs. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some times in life there are no words...it would be meaningless to say I know how you feel, having lost my mum. Look after yourself the best you can. Slante

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you Tully Kia kaha (be strong) your relationship with your mum was an awesome one she will be watching over you take care and big hugs from nz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry at the loss of your mom. I know that no words will comfort you, but please know I am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear of your loss. Deepest sympathy. I am sure she is and will watch over you, so take care of you now. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Massive hugs to you. There are no words I'm afraid, but I'm thinking of you xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for your loss. The earlier post about your Mum was heartwarming and brought me to tears. I know no words can help you heal, but I wish you all the strength you need over the coming months and years. It will always be hard, but hopefully in time the memories will bring you more joy than sadness. All the best - Liz (long-time reader, but infrequent commenter)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im so sorry to hear about your Mum. I too went back and read the earlier post and its brought tears to my eyes. Thinking of you during this extremely sad time. Belinda xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huge Hugs from me Chick. So sad to hear your Mum has passed away.
    Hang in there, and if you blog again, I would love to be included in the reading list.
    stewandchris@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry for your loss. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Tully....so sorry to hear about your mother's passing. Hugs to you and your family xo

    “I am so very sorry for your loss. But may her love live on in your memories and bring you peace.”



    Would love to be part of your circle if and when you choose to reblog (svetec@live.com.au or http://nessalosingit.blogspot.com.au/). Take all the time you need.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Tully, I had been wondering how you were, and had checked on your blog a number of times to see if you had come back or updated. I logged in again today and there are no words to say how sorry I am to read of your mothers passing. My thoughts are with you at this time of loss. Sending hugs from New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sad to hear of your Mum's passing. I was looking for you on my blogroll and wondered if everything was ok with you and your family. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry for your loss. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry to hear, sending you much love. Be kind to yourself during this time, there is no right or wrong way to grieve just do what you need to do to get through this time. I hope you're surrounded with love and support during this at this time, my one piece of advice from someone who nursed their dad through similar - get counselling if you need. Take care xx

    I love reading your adventures, you will be missed
    littleblogofmine@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Tully,
    You don't know me but I have followed your blog from the beginning. My heart broke when I read your post today. I am so sorry for you and your family at this time. You are just so incredibly brave and beautiful inside and out. My thoughts are with you. Karen

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!